Monday 8 October 2018

Mother and Baby Group .... update


Just a little update on the Mother and Baby Group that Baby H and I went to last week - I can honestly say now I don't know what I was so worried about.  There were 8 or 9 new mums there with their adorable babies and it was all very relaxed and friendly. 

We all shared our birth stories and it was reassuring to realise that not one of our births went how we expected but that they all had resulted in healthy babies.  We talked about how we'd all dealt with recovery and the parts of new mum life that no one tells you about.  All the glamorous bits like, dealing with stitches, recovering from a C-section, surviving on broken sleep, that scary first toilet trip after birth and how we have all become experts at multi-tasking and operating one handed!!

It was fascinating to watch the babies start to interact with each other, for some of them (Baby H included) it was the first time they'd really seen another mini person. It was nice to be in a place where I didn't have to panic if baby H started crying or fidgeting, and that I could do whatever I needed to, to settle her without being judged.

Our baby group is a 5 week course, each session has a different topic and I can truly say I can't wait for this weeks session.  So if like me,  you are unsure or anxious about whether you should go to a baby group my advice would be to take a deep breath and go for it - you will share experiences with  and learn a lot from the other mums and the babies love it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Journey to Mr and Mrs ... Our Story so far...

It seems like a lifetime ago since Mr K and I first met, we've crammed quite a lot into the 9 years that we've been together. In fa...